Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Single Who Didn't Mingle

Derek II adores hearing about my weekends. Before and after. He loves that i make plans and stick to them.

"You're just like, 'I'm gonna do this, then i'm gonna do this...'" He commented last week. "'I think that's so cool!"

"Well, can't sit home weekend after weekend," i replied. "Just cuz you have no friends."

Derek's disappointment is evident, though, when i claim time and again to be disinterested in getting dates. If nothing else, he expects accounts of steamy IM sessions with strangers. Webcam engaged.

Today he asked how my evening was. I told him i did notice a couple of contact attempts online.

"But i was like, eh, i'm busy, i'm watching AI," i told Derek. "This can wait."

"Maybe tonight, huh?" Suggested an enthused Derek. "This could develop into something hot!"

"Eh!" I shrugged. "We'll see. I just told you that cuz i know that's what you like to hear. I mean, to be all done with dating is boring. Who wants to hear that?"

"I wanna live vicariously through you, V.," confessed Derek. "You singles can decide one Friday, 'Hey, I'm gonna be a slut tonight. I'm gonna go out, and get laid.' I can't do that!"

"Apparently," i laughed. "I can't, either."

No comments: