Monday, March 03, 2008

All In a Day's Work 9

Denisse, a physical therapist, works at a rehab facility mostly for the elderly recuperating from injury. Every now and then they admit someone who is demented and/or belligerent. Some are grumpy and whiny; others quiet and brooding. It's quite a spectrum.

This evening Denisse recounts an experience that I would like to retell verbatim:

"So one of my 'pleasantly confused' ladies at my work who cries a lot... Well, i went up front and saw her coming towards me and she had a tear trickling down halfway down her face that was kind of dry... so i go to her... 'Have u been crying?' And her response to me was: 'Yes, i have. And it suits my mood.'"

That is the cutest story, ever! Especially to someone who is very subject to depression herself.

No comments: