Sunday, May 26, 2019

Château Cru

Last night RJ and I spent another wonderful evening at Amelia's.

If you look up Amelia on this blog you'll see that she's RJ's ex.

It sounds totally weird but the three of us hang out from time to time and we always have a marvelous time. Amelia is a wonderful cook and together we share delicious food, wine, whiskey, anecdotes, secrets, learning about each other as we go. RJ and Amelia were together for nearly two decades. There is a lot of love there. They're family. Nothing can change that, nor should it.

And I just happen to like Amelia. I have a lot of admiration and respect for her. She loves people's reaction when she announces she's having her ex and his current wife over for dinner.

So usually at the end of the evening we will have had a lot of social lubricant and we become a bit uninhibited. Last night, in the process of saying goodbyes, RJ kissed Amelia on the lips. I was beside myself in delight, I found the affection so cute.

"Ooh I want a photo!" I said.

Amelia laughed and protested she didn't need that on Facebook.

I promised I wouldn't post it. "Just for us," I assured her.

And so RJ and Amelia willingly reenacted, and I snapped away.

After we got home, RJ had to walk Alley. We did a quicky kissy in the foyer.

"Since you kissed Amelia earlier and now we've kissed," I gleefully and mischievously proffered. "It is like I have kissed Amelia!"

You know, 5th grade logic.

"Well, that one wasn't wet," said RJ.

"Next time do it right!" I quipped.

"If you want to kiss Amelia, you're gonna have to do it yourself!" RJ stated, which made me giggle.

I just love how easy it is with RJ. And fun.

No comments: