Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Flaps

Earlier this evening, after much ado, I realized that I hadn't posted any Snippet since 2012. So long that I had forgotten what I called these series.

I used to have my titles all mapped out. They are slipping now, along with pseudonyms. Someday publishing a memoir based on this blog is gonna be that much more challenging! (Ha, ha.)

See, I made the grave mistake of starting to semi-migrate to social media (in this case, Facebook). There is more response there, quicker feedback, more instant gratification. But that's just it. After that instance, good luck searching your page for a fond memory.

I should have known better. Blogging is the path to immortalizing! "You fool!" I scream, as I kick myself. I can do that, you know. I'm plenty flexible.

I love stumbling upon fond memories, too, by the way. Moments long forgotten, if not having been put in words on virtual paper. (RJ and I are so clever! Dyanmics don't get better than this.)

My diaries are gone. My early drawings and writing (good writing, I might add,) gone. My stamp collection. My beloved books. Tremendous sadness descends upon me when I recall these losses.

But there is this blog. It's all I've got. It is not a complete portrait of me. But it's the closest semblance of a hopefully evolving mind. And isn't that much, much more gratifying for a narcissist than some stinking site that, as my (also lost) friend [insert pseudonym - I don't know what I used to call her - if she's been featured here] describes, is "neither social, nor a medium"?

No comments: