Friday, December 11, 2009

Real Estate

The Berkeley kids are at it again. Always have to make waves.

They think the Wheeler Hall should be open 24/7 during finals week, when it closes at 10 p.m.

"We're studying for the finals," says one vehement student. "The premises are here for us students. And here we are, students!"

Well, hello, liability issues? I'm sure in this economy there isn't enough manpower covered by the state budget to police the campus all night.

Young folks can be SO overentitled.

I understand. You pay tuition. Guess what? When you rent an apartment, you don't get to access the laundry room or rec room or pool area 24/7, cuz you know what? The landlord has the final say. I'm sure it's real inconveniencing on your end. But, hey, you don't own that property, punk ass.

So suck it up like the rest of us.

I'm sure, 20 years ago, i woulda sided with the students. I'm not sure this is a sign of wisdom but it sure as hell is a sign of age.

No comments: