Sunday, November 29, 2009

Displacement 5

After my recent move i shopped at a new TJ's for the first time this afernoon. For Denisse and me TJ's is kinda like "our" thing.

Arriving at the parking lot was already unsettling. From the lot you oversee this humongous CalTrain station. Almost futuristic in a way, all new and shiny. It felt surreal, like i was stocking up on staples before departing on a galactic journey.

Wandering in the store felt strange and lonely. I just wanted to go home.

In line at the checkout stand, i looked up and caught sight of this banner reading:

Thank you for shopping at your neighborhood Trader Joe's!

"This is NOT my neighborhood," i thought. "Heck this isn't even my city!" (There is none in my city, to my dismay.)

I quickly left. Lest they abduct me on a choo-choo that soars into the sky. I'd rather remain earthbound.

No comments: