Monday, October 19, 2009

All In a Day's Work 42

I hate when people come in and eat at the spare desk in my office. Actually, only Kato and Marcos do. Without asking. Like they fucking own the place. I tell ya: entitlement i can't stand.

Besides, sometimes (okay, most of the time these days) i'm just not in a social mood.

Well, it won't be my office much longer. So perhaps it don't matter.

Today Kato did it again. Even though i had just returned from lunch, the aroma of his cheddar broccoli soup from Quizno's was unbearably distracting. Perhaps because my lunch only consisted of 5.5 grams of fat, roughly 1/10 the daily norm of someone my size. I was resentful.

Yet i couldn't scream, "Get out!"

To exacerbate matters he wanted to chat. Of course he did. He always does.

I don't know what brought up the food allergy scene in Hitch.

"I have not seen Hitch," i said. "But that was not my favorite scene in the preview."

"You have NOT seen Hitch?!" Exclaimed an incredulous Kato as if i'd commited a capital crime. As he did when he discovered last week i had not seen Gone in 60 Seconds.

"Eh, comedy... i don't know." I said.

"But this is not just comedy," defended Kato. "It turns into a mushy love story at the end!"

I wrinkled my nose, "That makes it even worse!" And i laughed. "... I'm not real into comedy."

"You don't like comedy?!" Asked Kato.

"It's not that. It takes some very good writing to impress me." I shrugged. "And that's usually not the case."

"What kind of movie do you like? Name some." Pursued Kato. "And there'd better be some action flicks in there!"

I rolled my eyes inside. He is such a guy.

"I dunno..." I so did not want to be having this conversation. "Drama?"

"Like? Name a movie," Kato wouldn't drop it.

Christ's sake, i'm his friend on mySpace. I've listed my movies on there. Log on and read!

"A Beautiful Mind?" I suggested. Funny that was the first that came to mind. I had just discussed schizophrenia in the family with Sherry earlier in the day.

Kato hummed. Apparently it didn't ring a bell.

It was so pointless. We're different people. Why can't we just leave it at that?

"What else? What are some of your favorites?" Inquired Kato.

To which i, having lost it, replied:

It's fucking Monday. We're all just gonna die. Who cares what kind of movie i like??

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

hahahahaha! That was SO something that I would have screamed in my head, but you said it out loud. So. Effing. Awesome.