Saturday, May 31, 2008

Reasons To Keep Breathin'... 3

Today, post-luncheon and still at the table, my nephew AC merrily made a request with me:

Goo Goo, come with me!

Caught off guard, i replied hesitenty, "O-kay... Where are we going?"

"Let's go to the house!" Responded a cheery AC.

And by "the house", of course, he meant the new home my brother just closed the escrow on recently.

"Now?" I asked. Everybody laughed.

And for the next ten minutes or so, AC would repeat "Let's go to the house!" every few seconds like a broken record. Gotta admire the little guy's perseverance.

It's a cool house. In a beautiful neighborhood. It's a more than decent size, especially for NoCal. Perfect for a family of four.

There's a lot of work to be done. And W & Elsie have expressed that it is kind of one room short. I can see that. They're not quite sure where the study may be.

This afternoon, W proceeded to "test" AC's knowledge on quarters assignment. Standing in the doorway, he asked, "AC, what room is this?"

Engrossed with his new toy Mack from the movie Cars, AC ignored W.

"What room is that?" I asked.

"The guest room!" W & Elsie replied.

Oh then i remembered our previous conversation on their wish to reserve one room solely for company, and not have it be slash-office.

Elsie's face lit up. "When you come over for dinner sometime, you can stay the night!" She glowed as she said. "We could drink, and you wouldn't have to hold back, worried about the drive home!"

Now that's love. This woman loves me! It hit me. I was genuinely touched. Most of the time i don't understand why anybody would. But there are times when i acknowledge that they... just... do. And i don't hafta understand it to feel its fineness.

No comments: