Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Concave

Social media addiction is no joke. Goddamned FOMO. It's only been three days since I swore off (temporarily) these sites, and already I feel restless.

But then I remember how disinterested I was getting as I scrolled, and scrolled, and scrolled... How bored I was. Oh, great, food again. Oh, great, politics again. And that obsession to click Like again and again until my tendonitis became exacerbated. (How ridiculous is THAT?!) As if the act of clicking Like would buy me love.

There is no love, no real connection.

These people, they are not my friends. These groups, they are not real communities. If I never showed by virtual face again nobody would miss me.

See, the trick of weaning is not to convince myself I don't need them. It is to be reminded: they don't need me.

No comments: