Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Prettiest Friend

On the drive home today, Have It All by Jason Mraz came on the radio. It's got that signature Mraz style to it lyrically and melodically. I recognized that it was his work right away.

As I listened to the words, I got choked up. That sentiment of wishing someone well long after they've been gone, because you loved them once. Oh, I'm a sucker.

I got to thinking how Taylor must've wished me well. And engulfed by that emotion and magnanimity, I wished him well, too.

And poof, that black cloud that'd been hanging over my head was gone. Finally. Gone. And it felt so good. To let go. My spirit was lighter, free of dead weight.

Jason Mraz's Life Is Beautiful was one of the gateway drugs to both Mraz and to falling in love with Taylor 11 years ago. To this day I can't listen to it without getting chills, the sweet agony of sadness, and its surrender. Such is the mesmerizing power of Mraz.

Lalalalalala
Life goes full circle


Indeed.

No comments: