Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pivot

Just watched Taran Killam open for the recorded episode of SNL from last night. I happen to find Killam very talented and have enjoyed his performance since he was a rookie (and still have a hard time remembering his name). After he announced, "Live from New York!..." which is always satisfying, I found myself thinking, "He's a nice kid."

It hit me. That's a true sign of age. I remember watching the funny men on SNL for decades, the likes of Dennis Miller, Norm MacDonald, up till the more recent generation of Jimmy Fallon and Andy Samberg, feeling incredibly drawn to them. Let's face it, humor is sexy. And to know that you have that power and know how much you can get away with. Wow. The rush!

I just went from "I wanna bonk that guy" to "That's a nice kid". Shit.

No comments: