Thursday, September 15, 2011

Raw Silk 2

Not too long ago, i sang praises for "Irreplaceable" by Beyoncé.

It came on the radio again the other day. I still enjoyed it tremendously. However, the lyrics didn't sound right anymore.

Telling me how I'll never ever find a man like you...
I could have another you in a minute


No, i wouldn't want another like "you". I want different. Better.

I've advocated in recent years that, if you're doing things right, every new relationship should (hopefully) be an upgrade. With every experience you should have learned something about yourself and what you need which explains what was lacking - the reason you had to move on.

I am reminded of Adele's new hit "Someone Like You". She is trés talented and I am impressed by her second album entirely. Her soulful voice blows me away. I've tweeted, "How does someone so young know so much (about pain)?" Pain, when expressed beautifully, can be highly enjoyable. It pierces your core being and resonates.

But after having listened to the lyrics repeatedly, i don't agree with the sentiment.

Never mind i'll find someone like you

Again, i don't want someone just like an ex. That's why he is an ex!

No comments: