Sunday, June 07, 2009

Uncut

Riley has been having girl trouble lately. I hung out with him this afternoon so he could cry on my shoulder.

It's a love triangle. Classic.

"I am terrified she's gonna choose him," confided Riley. Vulnerability is so cute.

She'd been MIA this weekend. He suspected she was with him.

"I don't wanna think about it," said Riley. "It makes me sick."

As in "hurts so bad it makes you ill", not that she disgusted him. He must have her.

Then she called and his face lit up.

Young love.

She was on her way over. I wanted to meet her but understood the delicacy of the matter. I prepared to leave. But Riley insisted that i go potty first (i'd forgotten), and then asked my opinion on which pair of jeans to wear, and whether to change his shirt. Cute.

I was on my way out when Riley's girl ascended the stairs. Good Riley was not rattled at all. We were formally introduced.

He called me his "voice of reason".

I told him a little story, smiled and added, "You probably shouldn't count on me for reason."

No comments: